Yes, his birthday is on St. Patrick's Day, and no, he's not Irish. He just got lucky like that. He often gets St. Patrick's Day themed gifts, such as green shamrock boxers, a St. Paddy's Day plastic beer mug that changes green when filled with a cold beverage (I use this for cleaning, not drinking), and other green novelties. I didn't get him any of those things this year.
Bryan doesn't get too excited about his bday. I like to let everyone know it's my bday so they can make me feel special - whether they want to or not. Not B, he just says it's any other day. WHATEVER! It's his day. It's his day to get all the attention, to choose the dinner place, to open presents and get excited, and to hear "Happy Birthday" at dinner (this actually won't happen except in our home, because if I tell the restaurant people it's his bday, I will not be his favorite person).
I wanted to think of some really fun and clever gifts. I didn't. He's getting:
- two year subscription to This Old House magazine - he likes it.
- a 3D Rubix Cube - he wanted it for Christmas and didn't get it.
- a pack of bubble tape - I just thought it would be a fun gift. He would eat all his bubble tape at once; I ate mine little by little till it got stale.
- I guess you could also say he got a new car.
- Dinner with his two favorite girls!
- Make believe desert (because he doesn't want to eat real desert and have his belly hurt because he doesn't have the will power to stop eating the delicious shortbread or key lime bars).
Love you Bry!
Post edit: Opps - I forgot.
I am thankful for:
- going to the store after work with Anna and having a positive experience
- Anna didn't hit anyone when I picked her up at day care
- caramels
Another post edit: Oops, not opps. I told you I was a bad speller.

No comments:
Post a Comment