Friday, October 9, 2009

I'm in an eating club

I was in a book club with random people - I think I wrote about this in another post - we are now an eating club. We are too busy with work and babies to actually read books (except I do have somewhat of an addiction to Nora Roberts' romance novels as of late). Several members of the book club had to drop out because work and family commitments...and then there were 6.

With only 6 people, it's easy to have only 1 or 2 people read, which means that having a book club is dumb. But we like to get together with someone other than our husbands or families (no matter how great they are), so we did the only logical thing...changed it to an eating club.

We try to go out once a month to a restaurant that one member chooses. Tracy chose A.P. Roots which is next to A.P. Suggins on Romany Rd. It was so fun. It was so yummy. I'd never been there before, so it's always fun to try something new. I had the mini cheeseburgers and a side of fries - both delicious. We also shared the hummus appetizer, which I loved. It was very garlicy, so I was super surprised when Bryan didn't crab at me bc I had garlic coming out of my pores (he has a very sensitive nose). Conversation was great. It was just a fun night.

I'm choosing next time -maybe Saul Good or Butt Rub. Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment