Saturday, October 31, 2009

at least she got to trick-or-treat

I got a call on Wednesday while I was at work - Anna had a 102 fever! I took her to the Dr., and sure enough - it was the flu. So, Anna and I hung out for the next few days. The Dr. gave her Tamaflu, so that might have helped keep things pretty mild. She had a fever, usually around 99-101, and a runny nose, but her spirits remained high.


The thing that was so crummy about the whole flu thing - she didn't get to go to her Halloween Party at school and I didn't get to go on my Apple Orchard field trip. I was totally bummed on Friday, but letting her get rest so she would be well was most important.


Luckily, Anna was fever free and getting back to her normal self today, so she got to go trick-or-treating. I bought this super cute "queen bee" costume online, and I found a flower basket for her to carry. She had a blast. She got the hang of what she was supposed to do right away. We only went to the houses on our street - it was a little too cold for her to be outside for long, and she wasn't going to eat most of the candy anyway. I let her try Reese's Pieces, which she promptly did the "more" sign for - so freakin' funny.















We all enjoyed watching the show the neighbors across the street put on. They were dressed up in spooky costumes, and would scare the big kids. The girls would run and scream. The boys would try to act tough. They were playing music which Anna enjoyed dancing to. I guess they put on the show every year, so I can't wait to see what they do next year. Anna was not scared; I think she just wanted more candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment