Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oh, Anna

I love my baby. I will repeat: I love my baby.

Now, having said that, sometimes I just don't know what to do with her. We went to Portrait Innovations today to get her 15 month pictures. Why 15 months you ask? Well with the birthday party, getting the house ready for the move, packing, and finding a new house to move into around her 1st birthday, pictures just didn't happen. Then I thought, oh, we'll go get professional pics outside with the three of us - that will be so cute. Then the more I thought about it, she is so unpredictable, the weather has to be right, the time of day has to be right, she has to have enough sleep, the list goes on. So, I just made an appointment for PI, which I'd done for 6 and 9 month pictures. I chose 11:00 so she would have had a nap, and she should be happy and ready to go.

Well, she was so pleasant in the car, this was going to workout! I love being wrong. She looked at the people taking her picture like they were monsters. She had no interest in smiling, sitting, standing, laughing, clapping, anything cute. I have to give it the PI people, they kept working with her, trying different situations, trying to make her smile. She wasn't too thrilled with me either. She just wanted me to hold her, which meant - crabby baby when I would put her down to have her picture taken. It's times like these that I just shrug and say, "she has a mind of her own." We finally got a few pictures...



There was this pretty lady there with her daughter (in matching outfits), and she told me she only got 1 good picture of her daughter at her 15 month and 18 month pictures, and by 2 year pictures, she did great. Thank you for the encouraging words, pretty lady. I'll try to remember that when I say, oh, let's get your picture taken for Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment