- I've been talking to myself a lot lately. I must have a lot on my mind?
- Anna and her BFF, Kiley, are so stinkin' cute. They run to hug and kiss each other when Anna gets to day care in the morning and when she leaves. They really love each other. Anna calls her baby "Ki-Ki" after Kiley (or "baby").
- I don't know if I do all the right things when raising Anna, but I think I do a good job - despite comments that I'm too nice and I let her get away with too much. To the people that think I'm not doing things the right way, I would like to say: "See how you manage a 2 year old that is short on patience and has more will than she knows what to do with on a daily basis. Then let me know how you would change things." I try to let her be herself while also not getting hurt. I try to encourage her to make good choices and follow the directions with "if this, then that" statements. She responds better with more information than just a straight "no," which she doesn't really respond to at all. Bryan said he thinks we make too many concessions for her so we can get through stores with as little trouble as possible - maybe we'll just try taking her out of the store if she can't sit in the cart or stroller. I don't know if it will work, but I'm willing to try.
- I don't like grainy or mushy watermelon.
- Anna will only watch The Wiggles on TV. I just now noticed that the yellow Wiggle is sometimes Greg (original) and sometimes Sam (replacement). Google said Greg had a disease that made touring and performing difficult.
- I thought I was mad at Bryan this weekend because he watched an entire TV program while I couldn't even take a shower without several Anna interruptions. I realized later that I was actually annoyed with Anna bc I can't do anything without her interrupting. I have to be right with her at all times except in public when she has to do everything by herself. Go figure. I know when she's 13 I'll wish she wanted me to be with her.
Monday, August 30, 2010
several more things...
Just a few more things I've been thinking about recently:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment