Daycare is not for every child or every family, but it works for Anna and our family. She's learned so many things while she's been there that I don't know if she would have learned them if I was a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM). I guess I would have found books about what 1 year olds are supposed to do and learn, and I would have figured it out. (I'm very much attuned to six year olds I guess.) I love my baby and enjoy my time with her, but the SAHM thing is not for me. Anna is very active, like never sits still, ever. She's very curious, and she loves to be around other people. Daycare provides her with so many opportunities to be around big and little people and learn new things. Sure, we work with her on reading, talking, naming animals, completing puzzles, counting, using manners, being kind and gentle, and other fun things with toys, but they've taught her things that some of my first graders don't do!
Here are some of my favorite things she's learned since starting at her new daycare in August:
- she can show you that she's 1 if you ask how old she is
- covers her mouth when she coughs
- wipes her face when she's done eating
- cleans her area after eating
- does the motions to songs, and even says a few words here and there
- says 'shhhh'
- sits in a group and listens to stories and songs
I'm thankful for good teachers that love her and care about her and help her become a good little person.
No comments:
Post a Comment