We've had several busy weeks, so here's the gist:
1. I made it through the last week of school. I'm not going to lie, it was trying at times; the kids were so excited and chatty. I am so much more organized this year - I already have my January calendar up for when we get back!
2. I had the week before Christmas off, so I sent Anna to daycare, baked a butt-load of cookies that I gave as gifts to her teachers and gifts for Christmas activities, shopped for last-minute gifts, wrapped presents, and cleaned the house.
3. We started our tradition last year - Christmas Eve is spent at home: Bryan , Anna, and me. Bryan makes a post roast in the crock pot and we hang out and relax. We wake up on Christmas morning to see what Santa has brought us. This year Anna got a Crayola table, a ball pit with tunnels, and some other fun toys. Then we finish getting ready and head to my dad's for Christmas brunch, which is so delicious. We also give gifts and all that fun stuff. Then we go to my mom's for more food and family. This year we had a great time, got some really great gifts, and ate some delicious food. PS: I love you double butter, but like always, we will meet again next Christmas.
4. We drove to New Riegel on the 26th and had Christmas with B's extended family. Then on the 27th we had Christmas with B's immediate family. Santa also came to visit. Anna had the same reaction as when he visited daycare: crying and kicking and screaming when she was put on Santa's lap. Maybe next year Santa. We had a great time in New Riegel seeing family and catching up. I also learned I'll be an aunt for the 2nd time in 2010 - Jami's pregnant with her 3rd baby - so exciting!
5. We finally came home with a car loaded full of goodies on the 30th. I've been working on getting things put away, doing laundry, and just hanging out with B and Anna. Anna seems to like her new toys - our basement is a complete mess with toys everywhere, and that is the way it should be! We are spending the New Year in our PJs, relaxing, playing video games, reading, watching movies - whatever sounds fun. Will we make it to 12? Doubtful, but we'll see.
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment