I got my blood work results from my endocrinologist (diabetes doctor) today - not good :(. My hemoglobin A1C was 7.3 ... in translation: my blood sugar average for the past 3 months is not where it needs to be (around 6.0). Plus my pants are getting tight - ugh.
Maintaining good blood sugars now reduces my risk for heart disease, future pregnancy complications, blindness, amputation, and so on. Maintaining any resemblance of health that I can is important to me. I've done really well in the past. I've seen 7.3 before, but it was a long time ago, like 6 or 7 years, I think. When I was pregnant with Anna, I was super controlled because I knew I had to be; I tested my sugar 8-10 times each day. With work, Anna, and life, I let some things go I guess. B keeps getting on me about exercising, but it's hard when I can't go to a gym, sorry not going to happen. I like taking walks, but it's dark out now when Anna goes to bed, and I'm not too interested in walking in the dark especially when it's cold. We don't get home until 4:30-5:00. I have dinner to make, lunches to prepare, baby to bathe, and let's not forget sitting on the couch and reading(you know, down time).
I know, I know, excuses excuses. I HATE to exercise! I know I need to exercise and gain some control over my eating. Maybe videos???? Maybe Wii Fit???
What will get my big butt off the couch???? I'll be following up - soon, once I figure out what I'm going to do. It's in writing now, I have to do it - boo hoo hoo, poor me.
Pre-New-Year's-resolution: H A1C down to 6.3 or less.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment