Friday, September 16, 2011

A New Favorite

This past spring I made a carb-less meal from Annie's Eats, Asian Lettuce Wraps. They were really tasty (I think Bryan's face said WTH is that, but his mouth said FEED ME), but I had to buy a bunch of new ingredients. The ingredient I learned I really like is the Sriracha Hot Sauce (found in the Asian food isle). It's hot without being overpowering. It gives a really nice spiciness without making my lips burn.

In addition to the lettuce wraps, I also like this recipe that I've used for kabobs (I've told you of my love of kabobs, right?). I don't actually know which magazine I took this from, but it was for grown-up ladies. I put this marinade on the chicken, then add some olive oil, Mrs. Dash, and sriracha sauce to the red peppers, onions, and zucchini. Mix with some brown rice, and you've got yourself one tasty meal - one with some yummy spiciness.

Mix:
3 Tbsp ketchup
1/2 Tbsp soy sauce (reduced sodium)
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sriracha hot sauce

I usually have to double this recipe to cover the chicken. Skip the sriracha on the veggies if you aren't a fan of heat or you don't think your kids will eat it. Anna eats it, but she eats strange things for a kid.

Today I am thankful for:


  1. it's Friday!

  2. Cracker Barrel biscuits and dumplins for dinner

  3. it's Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment