Monday, July 18, 2011

Hilton Head Vacation

Bryan, Anna, and I enjoyed a trip to Hilton Head, SC with my mom, her bf (Andy) and his kids and grandkids. We stayed in a house on Sea Pines not too far from the beach. We had a great time swimming in the ocean and in the pool at the house. We also enjoyed bike rides and evening walks. Beach vacations are really nice for us because we can keep Anna on schedule (12:00ish for a nap and 7:30ish for bed). Vacations with lots of activities can be somewhat challenging since Anna NEEDS a nap everyday; we don't like to mess with her schedule because her behavior starts to be completely out of control and irrational.


My mom rode with us and took turns driving which made the car ride down and back much easier for Anna. She doesn't like to watch movies (even if they are right in front of her face), but she does like to be entertained, so having one of us in the back with her helped the drive go smoothly.


We would love to go back to Hilton Head in the near future. It was a great family vacation spot.


Bryan and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary while we were in Hilton Head. We enjoyed dinner at a seafood restaurant on the intercoastal waterway. It was delicious, and it was so nice to enjoy an evening out by ourselves.

Family Picture!



Anna LOVED the ocean. She liked riding the waves and being crashed by the waves. She has no fear, and would have been happy to wander into the water without her Puddle Jumper (best invention ever) or a grown up. We had several discussions on how children can drown in the ocean or pool.


My Little Swimmer Girl. She loves to jump in the water and swim. She's been taking swim lessons at the pool this summer, and everyday her swimming improves. I was slightly neurotic at the beginning of the summer with the chances and risks she takes in the pool, but we've gotten to the point where I know she can stay under and swim for a few feet. Don't worry - I stay with her at all times in the pool as she jumps in and swims back to the wall, or she wears her Puddle Jumper when she's in the big pool because she can't stand with her head above the water. Her risk taking is very hard for me because I don't think she understands safety limits, but we are always talking about her choices and how to be safe. I think we will try to continue with swimming in the winter at the YMCA since she enjoys it so much and seems to excel at it.


We loved our trip to the ocean!


Today I am thankful for:



  1. a safe trip to and from vacation - we were less than 10 cars away from a bad wreck, but were able to avoid being hit. It was really scary; I was so mad at the college boys that were driving too fast and too close and caused the accident. I believe everyone was OK, but they definitely learned their lesson the hard way.


  2. my mom - she's very generous and loves us


  3. Anna and Bryan - I just love them so much

No comments:

Post a Comment