Now that it's Spring Break I can finally check off some things on my to-do list around the house. So like I said, "don't be jealous" of all the fun I'm going to be having.
Saturday: this was actually fun - we went to Jackson and Drew's birthday party. We had a blast and enjoyed seeing family. Anna of course had to help the boys open their presents, and luckily they aren't as controlling as her, and did ok letting her help. We'll see what happens at her party when Jackson tries to help her. I can hear the screaming now!
Sunday: We ended up staying in Cincinnati for the day. We went to the park and had Zip Dip (the world's best creamy whip). Then we went to my Grandma's house for my Uncle Mike's 50th birthday gathering. It was good seeing my other family, but the previous day's excitement led to a troubling day for Anna. She does much better on a schedule and sticking to a routine.
Monday: I caught up on the laundry and grocery shopping I didn't do yesterday. And much to Bryan's dismay, I went to Target and Old Navy to buy myself some comfortable and cute clothes for the summer.
The plans for the rest of the week:
Tuesday: clean out Anna's toy room so we can turn it into a "big girl bedroom" for her. I will get a few baskets to keep some things in the living room, but most things are going to the basement. Bryan has started on the fireplace, so next winter it will be good to go!
Wednesday: clean out the office. The office is currently the Junk Depot. I can only see a few square feet of floor due to the overwhelming piles of junk. It's a slow process, creating a Junk Depot, and I have a feeling it will be even slower cleaning and clearing the Junk Depot. Wish me luck.
Thursday: Oil Change, tires rotated, drop clothes off at the re-sale shop, return things to Old Navy, buy stuff for Anna's birthday party. So far she wants a "purple-Hello Kitty-Belle-Dora" party. I think she's going to get Hello Kitty and purple, but we'll see what the party store has to offer.
Friday: catch up on all the things that I didn't finish or keep Anna home from daycare and we can do something fun.
Today I'm thankful for:
- daycare, so I can get all these things accomplished with little to no interruption
- good books
- cute clothes
- a silly daughter

No comments:
Post a Comment